These days, it seems like every government entity is moving toward unified, collaborative systems. This trend is primarily due to a shift in consumer expectations, no matter which government sector they’re dealing with. Building trust with your community is more critical than ever, and the digital platforms you use to accommodate your citizens are a part of that. That’s where integrated payments come in.
You might not pay much attention to your payment processing platform, but it’s a critical component when people are interacting with their local government. When your payment processor can communicate with other commonly used digital tools, you can offer a more effective solution for billing and accepting payments for anything from rec center fees to utility payments and other community services.
So, what are integrated payments? Integrated payments incorporate payment processing capabilities into various business systems or applications. Integrated payment processing streamlines the payment process and enhances efficiency, which provides a more cohesive experience for both the merchant and the customer.
In this article, we will share the benefits of integrated payment processing platforms, and explain how to get started.
How Integrated Payment Solutions Work
An integrated payment platform automates the payment processes along with reconciliation and other back-office accounting processes. Instead of waiting days for payments to post, they are posted at the time of sale. This eases up the workload of your accountants, helps balance budgets, and is a quick payment solution for your constituents.
- A payer receives a request for payment through email, text, or traditional snail mail.
- The payment is made via an online portal, over the phone (voice or text), or in person.
- The payment is accepted, processed, and reconciled through integrations into your accounting or ERP system.
The Numerous Benefits of Integrated Payments
Are you wondering what integrated payment solutions could mean for your office and community? In short, it could mean building much-needed trust between individuals and their local government. Digital payment processors are becoming so widely used that they’re now a non-negotiable service to anyone making government payments.
However, integrated digital platforms go one step further than digital payment processors by automatically processing card transactions while remaining connected to other front-desk and back-office accounting software.
Some of the key benefits of integrated payments are:
- All-in-one secure platform
- Accelerated time to revenue
- Increased payment visibility
- Convenient payment acceptance and processing
- Flexibility in payment tender and channels for your citizens
- Consistency in experience for your constituents
- Control of communications and engagement
- Connected, modern software
- Industry-standard compliance and security
What is An Example of an Integrated Payment?
An integrated payment ensures that the payment process is smooth and transparent for the user, as they don’t have to leave the website to complete the payment. Some examples of this include:
- E-commerce Platforms: Many e-commerce platforms, such as Shopify, use integrated payment gateways like PayPal to seamlessly accept payments on their website.
- Mobile Payment Apps: Apps such as Apple Pay allow you to link your payment method to the app and make purchases within integrated partner apps.
- Accounting Software: Accounting software solutions, like QuickBooks, allow businesses to generate invoices and receive payments directly to their accounting systems.
- Online Booking Systems: Platforms that facilitate online bookings, like Eventbrite, enable users to book services and make payments through the same platform.
These examples show how integrated payment processing enhances the overall payment experience.
Get Started with CORE’s Integrated Payment Solution
CORE has the perfect solution if you’re ready to move forward and switch to an integrated payment processing system. Our Electronic Bill Presentment & Payment Services (EBPP) can keep up with the rapidly evolving expectations of consumers across a wide range of industries.
We offer the following payment options:
CORE’s EBPP services also help solve reconciliation challenges. Rather than having 20 disconnected methods of accepting payment, CORE allows businesses to consolidate them into a single, convenient integrated payment solution.
Contact us today to learn more about what we can do for you.