A hosted IVR solution can help your company:
- Increase accessibility to customers around the clock.
- Improve employee efficiency.
- Bolster customer satisfaction.
Find out what a hosted IVR system is, how it works, and the benefits it can provide your company.
What Is Hosted IVR?
An interactive voice response (IVR) system uses automation and speech recognition to route phone calls. This helps your customers reach the right person or department at any time without the need for human input.
For example, an IVR can greet the customer and ask what service, information, or individual they are looking for. Rather than pressing a number on a number pad to select the right department, IVR utilizes voice recognition to interpret the needs of the customer so it can:
- Offer the information they need.
- Transfer them to the appropriate extension.
- Enable payment
How Does a Hosted IVR System Work?
A hosted IVR system needs to be programmed to work correctly. Your agency essentially creates a flowchart of menu options that enables customers to access certain outcomes, such as:
- Hours of operation
- Billing information
- Connections to customer service
- Appointment verification
- Transfer to the right department
Once the IVR system has been programmed, it is installed and implemented. The system follows the established flow chart for each call from that point. Callers will be given a menu that provides them with available choices designed to address the most common questions and concerns.
Because the IVR uses voice recognition, IVR systems can understand requests and questions from each caller, which allows customers to interact with the IVR system in a more human-like manner.
What Are the Benefits of Using a Hosted IVR Solution?
Here are some of the biggest benefits a hosted IVR solution can provide your business.
- Improved Availability – A hosted IVR solution is always functioning and available. Customers can call at any time and be greeted with the same options. Even if customer service reps aren’t available, they can use the IVR to access information and pay their bill.
- Improved Customer Satisfaction – An IVR enables every customer to quickly and effectively find what they are looking for. Quick resolution through the IVR helps improve customer satisfaction.
- Reduced Costs – Hosted IVR is cheaper and more available than a traditional front desk secretary or office manager and can easily work with multiple lines of customers simultaneously.
- Reduced Communication Errors – A computerized system ensures that frustration is minimized by providing the same, accurate information to every call. By removing the human element, there is no chance for variation.
- Improved Employee Productivity – IVR eliminates menial tasks for your employees that can easily be handled by automation. This frees them up to work on more important projects.