Last modified: March 2020
As a service provider to government, healthcare and higher education institutions (collectively “Organizations”), we acknowledge that these Organizations have their own privacy policies relating to the information that they collect or that CORE Business Technologies collects in the course of providing the Organizations with our services. This Policy does not apply to these Organizations and we do not control them or their activities. In addition, CORE Business Technologies may use the services of other third-party companies in the course of providing services to customers. These companies also have their own privacy policies relating to the information they collect. This Policy does not apply to these companies and we do not control them or their activities.
iPayment Enterprise Services and Privacy Practices
Through iPayment Enterprise modules, CORE Business Technologies provides payment products and services for Organizations and those they serve. These products and services include payment card processing, eCheck processing, point of sale equipment management, and merchant accounting. In the course of our payment processing functions, we routinely collect and retain personal information about customers transacting business.
Personal Information We May Collect About You
Subject to your consent, authorization, or authentication, we may ask for and collect the following personal information:
- Registration, profile and contact information: Identifiers including name and contact details including email address, telephone number and postal address;
- Organizational or Process Information: Information to be used in payment processing including; account invoice, billing address, primary account number.
- Login Information: Information protected against security breaches such as your username and password, which may be used to log into various modules of iPayment Enterprise.
- Payment Information: Information regarding financial services including your billing address and credit card information;
- Log File Information—Internet, IP or Device Identifiers: Internet/electronic activity information including information internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, and internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, and date/time stamp.
- Correspondent Information: Records of any correspondence we have with you and the information provided there.
How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
In addition to the uses described above, and subject to any applicable laws, we may use the information we collect about you (including personal information) in the following ways:
- To operate, maintain and provide you with the business services for which you have registered;
- To set up and manage your login information and protect the security of your login information;
- To connect you regarding an inquiry, question or request made about our products or services;
- To maintain and monitor website or database hosting and maintenance;
- To maintain internal recordkeeping;
- To detect security incidents and to protect against any fraudulent or malicious activity, and to prosecute any responsible parties for that activity;
- To maintain the quality of our services and improve or enhance our services;
- To perform internal or technological research and development;
- To contact you by email, based on your consent for such contact as defined by the terms of service;
- To contact you for direct marketing, based on your consent for such contact as defined by the terms of service;
- To meet compliance requirements of all applicable laws and/or regulations, as permitted by such laws and regulations.
How We Disclose or Share the Personal Information We Collect
CORE Business Technologies does not rent, sell or share your personal information to any third parties. When the information we collect is aggregated, anonymized or otherwise does not identify you in any way, we may use that information for any purpose or share it with third parties, in accordance with all applicable laws.
In addition to the above, we may share your information with the following entities:
- Any service providers or third-party companies that are used to support the business processes related to the services you agree to on registration with iPayment Enterprise;
- Regulators including state and federal agencies, card payment networks, issuing banks and other parties in order to comply with laws, regulations and industry standards related to business transaction processing, and any contractual obligations that may be required to provide the services of iPayment Enterprise as agreed on your registration;
- Law enforcement, courts and other relevant parties in response to a court order or a request for cooperation from any government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights or to defend legal claims; as otherwise required or permitted by applicable laws and/or regulations; when we believe that disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding actual or suspected illegal activity, fraud, or other wrongdoing;
- Any other parties for purposes that are disclosed to you at the time that you provide the information, or to enforce our Terms of Service as provided to you.
Your Responsibilities and Choices on Use of Your Information
Subject to your consent if required by applicable law, we will collect and process your personal information as necessary to set up and administer your sign up to, and use of, the log in facility available on our Sites and Apps. We will use “cookies” to “remember” the machine or other device you use to access our Sites and Apps. Please remember that if we contact you, we will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited email, message or phone call. If you choose to use the log in facility available on our Sites, you are required to adhere to the following security procedures in relation to your username (currently, your email address) and password, which are referred to as “login information”:
- Keep your login information secret and secure at all times and do not disclose it to any other person or allow any other person to use it;
- Do not write down or record in any form your login information or store it on any software, including a password save feature;
- Destroy any notice from us concerning your login information as soon as you have read and understood it;
- Should you become aware or have reason to suspect that your login information has been lost or disclosed to, or seen or accessed by someone other than yourself, immediately notify CORE Business Technologies and iPayment Enterprise at the email address above.
We will strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you have provided. If you ever receive emails that are not related to the services you have registered to receive with iPayment Enterprise you can stop receiving those emails by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in the emails. We commit to promptly processing these unsubscribe emails. You may also contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about reviewing, modifying or deleting your personal information, but removing or not providing certain information may limit your use of the iPayment Enterprise services.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number), we encrypt that information using 128-bit encryption over secure socket layer technology (SSL). If you have any questions about security on our website, you can email us at email@example.com.
Changes in this Privacy Statement
CORE Business Technologies may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your iPayment Enterprise account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Questions and Suggestions
CORE Business Technologies
Telephone: 1.866.567.CORE (2673)